Epson GT 5000

Veitcy 14:21 11 Aug 04

I have the above scanner which was fine working under Windows ME. Now I have Windows XP I just cannot get Twain to open. I have downloaded a new driver (French) from Epson site which seems to be the only XP driver for this old machine.
Any idea or do I need to scrap the scanner and start again.

roy 16:27 11 Aug 04

Not much help to you, I'm afraid, but I am quite successfully running an Epson GT7000 scsi scanner with Windows XP Home. I can't remember installing it but I see it is using an unsigned Epson driver.

Diemmess 18:12 11 Aug 04

Like roy my 5500 is a SCSI scanner, and having had a "spot of bother" with my W98SE I had to reconfigure several things.

Only today, the scanner, which I thought was working, wasn't and began to think it was time to look for a new one.

I let Windows go through the search for a driver and accepted its failure to do so. This brings up yellow warnings in device manager but only when the scanner is connected.

Then I uninstalled the Epson scanner software.

Rebooted at every stage.

Reinstalled the scanner driver (Epson CD) and ran the Epson Test which worked fine. Still my Corel Photopaint complained that it couldn't open the Twain, or that the scanner wasn't connected............Shut it all down because I had to go out for the rest of the morning, and Hey this afternoon it is working, back to normal and no fuss..........I hope you get there quickly.

Falkyrn 18:45 11 Aug 04

Try driverguide.com at click here you have to register with them (free) but they have drivers listed for the gt5000 (both Windows XP and W2000 drivers if the Xp one doesn't work)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…