Epson DX4200

Dirk Diggler 19:16 20 Feb 06

PC World currently have this all-in-one Printer/Scanner/Copier etc for £69.99.

Now as much as I would normally avoid PCW, this seems quite a decent price. Does anyone have this machine and if so what is the verdict?

TIA

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 20 Feb 06

Epson Stylus Photo DX4200 product specifications
Performing the functions of a Printer / Scanner , the All-In-One Epson Stylus Photo DX4200 is a welcome addition to any home or office. The DX4200 uses Colour Inkjet printer technology and can print at up to 20 ppm and copy documents at speed of N/A.

Category All-In-One Brand Epson
All-In-One Type Printer / Scanner Printing technology Inkjet
Output type Colour
Connectivity technology USB 1.1 , USB 2.0
Max printing speed (B/W) 20 ppm Max printing speed (Colour) 19 ppm
Max printing resolution (B/W) 5760 x 1440 dpi Max printing resolution (Colour) 5760 x 1440 dpi
OS required Microsoft Windows XP , Apple MacOS X
Height 18.1cm Width 43cm Depth 35.4cm
Weight 8.44kg

Totally-braindead 20:44 20 Feb 06

Its just the normal price I think but you wouldn't have to pay postage click here no one else seemed to have it.

rmcqua 20:48 20 Feb 06

I think Dirk Diggler is looking for accounts of personal experiences with the machine.

Dirk Diggler 21:14 20 Feb 06

I have seen the specs and they seem good for the price - but as you say there is nothing better than first-hand reviews of a product

Stuartli 22:17 20 Feb 06

I'm sure our local Tesco Extra stocks this model at a pretty similar price - however it's not listed on its website.

Brumas 23:29 21 Feb 06

It works fine for me, the ability to scan whilst printing is a bonus. I am just getting used to the Epson scanning interface ( I have to say I preferred the Canon way of doing things – but it’s early days and I will get used to it I suppose)

Choice Stationery do cheap compatible cartridges which helps the pocket and replacing them is a doddle although it is slightly annoying to have to disable the monitoring process to use them!

As I haven’t had it that long myself I cannot offer much information – hope this helps.

Dirk Diggler 00:25 22 Feb 06

Looks like I may be heading to PCW! (Shame on me!) lol Cheers

bluenote 02:33 23 Feb 06

I recently bought this model.I am very pleased with it .A trifle slow printing but excellent results .I think you will be well satisfied,as I am.

Stuartli 13:14 23 Feb 06

Tesco does stock the Epson but it's a DX4800 at £99.99.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5