Epson Dot matrix printer repair

Ptolemy 19:28 17 Oct 06

I have an old, clunky Epson LQ-100. It's noisy and slow, but compared to my Ink Jet incredibly cheap to use (especially if you're not in a hurry or in the same room).

AFter not using the printer for a while it kept jamming so I took it apart to clean it out - nothing major involving screwdrivers, just unclipping the detachable parts.

When I went to put everything I found that a part from the rear had its path blocked by a flexible aluminium component.

I've tried every possible position and combination of putting everything back, but no matter what I do the printer is insisting it has no paper.

Obviously the flexible aluminium component makes a connection when there's no paper and I've b*ggered it up.

I'm sure it's simple once one has seen the part in place but it's got me stumped.

Can anyone make a suggestion or direct me to somewhere I can find a picture or diagram the printer?

VoG II 19:45 17 Oct 06

You could try the forums at click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:56 17 Oct 06
  Ptolemy 21:03 17 Oct 06

Fruit Bat, thnaks for the link, but it's now so old Epson don't even offerthe driver anymore.

VoG™ - that looks exactly like the thing I want, cheers.

Thanks to you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced