Epson CX5400 > any views ?

Rtus 22:46 16 Feb 04

Im contemplating buying a multifunction unit as above, Anyone have the above ,If So how do you rate It? Any annoyances?

woodchip 22:56 16 Feb 04

No Idea but seen the printer in Makro, and if I was going for multi I think I would be inclined toward it

Rtus 20:13 17 Feb 04

thanks woodchip..Ive decided to buy one ..

marilynbell 22:22 17 Feb 04

I've got the CX3200 had it over 12 months now, it's the second one I've had as the first had a problem with the error light, but I just got in touch with epson and they replaced it straight away no problem. The only thing is you have to be careful if you use compat inks, it doesn't seem to like a lot of them but I use Jet Tec and they are fine

TBH1 00:31 18 Feb 04

I too have a cx3200 but not had it long enough for ink replacement yet. Lovely piece of kit, so easy to use.

marilynbell - what problems did you have with compats - - and how did you sort them out ? I bought this device as I knew I could get compat carts quite easily from choicestationery, so would welcome your knowledge on possible problems I may have.

Rtus 21:47 18 Feb 04

Well I have it set up and it works well ..Only thing bad about it was the driver cd corrupt as it only has folder on it no proggies Ive downloaded required drivers from Epson site ,but cant find a status monitor (if it uses one ?)Ill mail epson for replacement later..More later Im late..

marilynbell 22:14 18 Feb 04

I've tried all sorts of compats which all worked ok with my old epson which was a 460, however I find with the CX3200 that they clog up very easily and you end up having to clean not once but maybe about 6 or 7 times which of course uses up most of the cartridge. I now get Jet Tec brand ink which causes no problems at all, it's a little bit dearer that some other compats but if you are wasting most of the cartridge with cleaning then it all works out in the end, the inkfactory did have them on special (buy one get one free)

Rtus 22:32 18 Feb 04

I was about to add ive used compats and only a few types Id'e use again I prefer to use original spec..However I can recomend click here as so far in my older printers I find they work as well as the original,Oh except the price that is..LOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…