Epson CX3600 - Parts inside your printer are near.

PaulB2005 17:28 10 Dec 05

"Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life."

This is the error i'm getting from a well used but 18 month old Epson CX3600.

Currently awaiting a reply from Epson as to what to do next but can anyone help??

howard63 17:35 10 Dec 05

my guess is that this is an automatic message generated by passing a certain number of copies printed. It is to encourage you to perhaps think of buying a new one. If it is running ok I would not be bothered by the message.

csqwared 17:37 10 Dec 05

Have a look at this previous thread - it might be of help. click here

cc

PaulB2005 17:50 10 Dec 05

Oh dear. Dismantle the printer?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:55 10 Dec 05

Waste ink tank/pads getting full.

Normally your remedy is to replace the "Waste Ink Pad/Pads" with a new one/ones and then reset the "Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter". The waste ink pads are normally housed in a black plastic box. They are located in the bottom of the printer, towards the front, just under where the paper starts to exit. You would have to remove the "Top Cover Assembly" to be able to get to the screw or screws that hold that assembly in place. If you cannot figure out how to remove the waste ink pad holder assembly [plastic box], you may need to actually get a SERVICE MANUAL, to refer to that removal procedure.

You may want to try doing a general search on the "fixyourownprinter.com" printer repair site, under WASTE INK PADS or WASTE INK COUNTER RESET PROCEDURE.

Go to this link and download this software: click here to rest the counters

PaulB2005 18:58 10 Dec 05

Cheers I'll look into this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…