epson cx3600 only prints half the page

hzhzhz 22:46 14 Sep 05

Anyone have any ideas as to why my epson cx 3600 only prints half of the page vertically.

Gongoozler 22:53 14 Sep 05

Is that top half or left hand half? If it's only the top half it sounds to me like the USB link isn't responding to a request for more data. Some information about your computer and version of Windows might help.

hzhzhz 23:01 14 Sep 05

using win xp pro. It only prints the left hand half of the page. PC is athlon 3500, K8v se deluxe.

PA28 23:13 14 Sep 05

Sorry to have to ask a stupid question here, but is it printing the whole text using half the width of the paper, or is it actually cutting the text in half down the middle?

hzhzhz 23:20 14 Sep 05

Fair question. It only prints half of the text.
Imagine a full page of text. Now erase the right hand half. Thats what Im getting.

Gongoozler 07:59 15 Sep 05

Hi hzhzhz. Does the printer head scan the full width of the page? If it does that without leaving any ink on the page then I think it has to be a fault in the printer. I'm guessing here, but it sounds like either a mechanical fault causing the print head to be lifted off the paper, or a logic fault causing the addressing of the print head position to be missread. Is the edge of the print precise or blurred and coloured?

hzhzhz 08:44 15 Sep 05

The edge of the print is very precise.

jack 08:55 15 Sep 05

Lots of possibilies here .
You will have to run a test or two.
1. Uninstall the printer and reinstall following precisely the Epson instructions - it is very fussy on this point.
Check also the usb cable. If you able, swap slots
Do not forget also to turn off A/V software whilst doing this.
Then run a test page.
Try also printing an image.
Then come and tell us all
Also- What Operating system 98/ME/2000/XP?

hzhzhz 19:46 15 Sep 05

Ive just installed printer in another pc and using the usb cable it has always used. The printer printed a page of text and graphics perfectly. So the problem lies in its usual pc. I'll keep you posted. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…