Epson cx3200 print heads

dac2000_uk 12:15 18 Aug 03

I have an epson cx3200 printer and I have had it out of use for about 4 months because me (being silly) has not bought any new catridges for it. I was reading in a forum that if you leave printers standing about a long time out of use there is a risk that the heads can seize up and you need to buy new heads. Would this apply to my printer?

The Sack 12:20 18 Aug 03

On an Epson the print heads are a part of the printer so if the print heads became that it would be cheaper to replace the whole printer.

click here for cheap inks i use them without problem and if your heads get that clogged you dont mind doing a cleaning cycle using a full set of inks if it clears the problem.

dac2000_uk 12:31 18 Aug 03

Thanks for that, how long does it take till the heads stop working properly?

pj123 12:37 18 Aug 03

You can also buy head cleaning cartridges from the above link and also from click here run them through until they are empty

Wilham 12:51 18 Aug 03

The new Oct C Shopper p335 has a news item relative to this thread. In it Which? complains the waste of up to a third of the ink if the instructions are followed. Epson appears to agree that the printer's a write-off if it runs dry but claims it gives you more ink to start with.

Paranoid Android 13:40 18 Aug 03

For those who aren't aware, this is a multifunction printer/scanner device, and a nice one at that. You should really have no problems because the print heads are covered when not in use. You may have to go through an extended head cleaning cycle but that's all.

This is unlike some of the HP range where the ink is delivered to the print heads by thin tubes, and if they dry out you've got real problems.

PS The Sack - thanks for the handy link.

Marvin

Quiller. 13:50 18 Aug 03

Thats an excellent price for cartridges.

I thought my local pc shop was cheap at £6 for colour and £5.20 for black. These work great in the Epson C62 and the CX3200 MFD.

I'll put that link in my fav's.

dac2000_uk 17:28 18 Aug 03

Thanks for that paranoid android, your words have reassured me...hopefully the heads should be okay for a while yet then. Also thanks to the sack for that very useful link, I'll certainly buy my catridges from there in future!!

Paranoid Android 18:10 18 Aug 03

If the printer is still within warranty be aware that using compatible cartridges can invalidate the warranty.

Hope it all works out though.

Marvin

lightfeet 07:42 19 Aug 03

I used to have an Epson 600 printer for some 4 years & at the time I worked overseas for 6 months every year. I took no particular precautions other than to turn the mains off & cover it with a dust sheet. When I returned after the 6 months the printer worked perfectly first time without any need for cleaning. Have never had any problem with blocked heads or ink drying out. By the way I always used compatible ink from Choice Stationery!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…