epson cx 3600 - not able to scan

MOOCMOOC 07:03 27 Sep 05

Hi,can you help?
the unit will print and copy but when i try to use the scan facilities the following message appears "unable to access the scanner because it is not ready or another application is using it. Please make sure that the scanner is on and connected to your computer or close all scanning applications". I have no other scan apps.

TeaBee 08:23 27 Sep 05

Just gone through this nightmare... go to device manager in control panel- system.
No doubt youll find a few query marks. The drivers don't always instal automatically.

Cured my prob's anyway ;)

TeaBee 08:24 27 Sep 05

Oh, and make sure the machine is switched off at the main before instal too. That fooled me for a bit!!

Methedrine 09:19 27 Sep 05

Go here click here

This page is assuming that you are using Windows XP.

spuds 10:20 27 Sep 05

Re-install the drivers and follow the instructions exactly shown.

Would mention that the cx 3600 is the same as the cx3650 [pcw exclusive].A person that I know deals with store returns, repairs then sells on. Just lately he seems to have a more than average supplies of this model.

MOOCMOOC 21:30 29 Sep 05

thanks to all - advice followed and seems to be ok - will ask if anyother problems - ta!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…