Epson Colour 460

JACC 12:50 12 Feb 05

I have the above printer , and now it refyses to work .I'm using XPpro,tried everything,troubleshooter ,manually loading the printer with xp , uninstalling it reinstalling it , unplugging it , switching it off switching it back on , checking the leads ( kicking it , not quite but close ) downloading new drivers that somehow won't load ? Next place for it is the bin , unless you can help me of course , it won't even print a test page . No new software installed recently so now i'm stuck HELP

JIM 13:03 12 Feb 05

have you tried using the Epson Printer installation Disk provided with the Printer, and chose the Windows 2000 option install? May give it a KICK start ;)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:33 12 Feb 05

Download the epsom service utility from click here see what this tells you.

LAP 19:40 12 Feb 05

A friend had a 460 same happened to him he tried everything, he binned it in the end.

JACC 00:24 16 Feb 05

I tried the utility from Fruit Bat /\0/\ but it just says "Printer off or some other problem" thank you anyway Fruit Bat. I seems to me that the printer has come to the end of it's life and maybe it's time to let it go , my scanner needs replacing , so it looks like a multifunction machine next . If you got one let me know how they fair .

pipedream 01:44 16 Feb 05

Can you try in on another PC? If this works you then know it's not the printer. Try also uninstalling the printer utility as this caught me out a while ago (symptoms were after clicking Print, nothing happened at all - no error messages, nothing in queue etc.)

JACC 23:31 16 Feb 05

Hi pipedream , thankyou for your reply , but i've tried everything and still no luck . Looks as though i'll have to get rid off some of my hard earned readies and buy a new beastie .

woodchip 23:47 16 Feb 05

It's old printer not up to XP

pipedream 22:55 17 Feb 05

Not true woodchip - you can download an XP driver from their website, or XP may detect it & install automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…