Epson CD printer problem

EFC1878 23:00 30 Dec 05

Can anyone help.

Having prepared some DVDs of pictures and video I wante dto print a cover - as I usually do - using the Epson CD Print software.

However I keep getting the error message 'CD/DVD/ tray not set correctly'.

I am lining up the arrows between the tray and the printer and have changed the printer setting to et the printer know it is going to print onto CD/DVD.

Any advice how i can get over this problem?

jakimo 23:11 30 Dec 05

Check that the cd\dvd tray is locating under the slot on the left,and have a clearance of 10cm or more at the rear of printer

EFC1878 23:49 30 Dec 05

Thanks for the post. Nic eto know that I am not the only one to have been frsutrated bythe printer.

I followed your advice (I take it you meant 1cm) and the printer now seems to be behaving itself.

One problem seems to eb some resistance with the rolloers at the back of the printer not 'wanting' to take the tray.

Thanks again

jack 08:35 31 Dec 05

If the try has had some use the clear plasric entry guides can be distored and prevent 'clean' entry.

Gongoozler 10:02 31 Dec 05

EFC1878, I think jakimo really did meen 10cm clearance at the back of the printer! I got caught out by that one. The CD carrier tray emerges that far from the back of the printer and in my case it was hitting the wall.

DÕ DÕ 12:08 31 Dec 05

You did not say what epson printer.I have "Epson 900" and I have to set the lever to disk for it to be able to print after setting the guide to insert the tray with the disk.

jakimo 19:22 31 Dec 05

Yes I did mean 10cm (4 inch's)

another problem that occurs is the disc tray can bow stopping it from going through the rollers you mention, an improved disc tray is availabe around £10

jakimo 19:52 31 Dec 05

I failed to say that if the space behind the printer and wall is less than 10cm (4 inches) the cd carrier will not travel far enough to start the printing process

EFC1878 21:33 02 Jan 06

I have an Epson R200

I wasn't questioning your asdvice except that with the R200 if I line the tray up with the arrows as per the instructions ther eis barely a cm between the plastic edge of the tray and the rollers. When the tray goes in it 'reverses' out back beyond the arrows and then back in again - except on the occasions when it does work and simply stays out.

Fongers crosse dit seems to be working at the moment - I cleaned the tray as was suggested.

jakimo 00:03 03 Jan 06

I think you misunderstood me about the 10 Cm,when you line up the arrows on the disc tray,as you say there is barely a Cm protruding out the back of your printer,but when you click on print, the tray actually moves forward(away from you) and protrudes the 10Cm

Stuartli 00:11 03 Jan 06

I have a new Epson R300 (basically the same print engine as the R200) and the instruction manual makes a clear point about running a piece of A4 through the printer at least half-a-dozen times before the first CD printing session to clean the rollers.

It is unnecessary afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…