Epson Cartridge - not recognised. Help needed!

daniellabell 21:44 PM 20 May 11

I am having trouble with my Epson SX100 printer. Every so often it will just suddenly say 'ink cartridges not recognised' even though the inks aren't low, the only way to fix this is to put a new ink in which is wasting ink and money.I am using compatible inks.

Please can anyone give me advice on what to do?

Thank you in advance.

ventanas 21:49 PM 20 May 11

I think you've answered your own question. The "compatible" inks are not that comnpatible. I have two Epson printers, (A4 & A3) and I would never use anything but the genuine Epson cartridges.

Bald Eagle 21:54 PM 20 May 11

I use an Epson DX4800 and I'm often told that the cartridges are "not genuine" "not recognised" etc, I just ignore the warnings and carry on printing. Never had to renew the cartridges after the warnings.

daniellabell 21:55 PM 20 May 11

Thank you for replying.

Unfortunately I am still stuck without a printer for the time being and I need to print some Word Documents off.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of 'workaround' to this problem.

Thank you.

Nontek 22:34 PM 20 May 11

Just a stab-in-the-dark but, have you simply tried switching off printer, waiting a while then switching printer on again?

daniellabell 22:43 PM 20 May 11

Yes, unfortunately that doesn't work either. I have tried taking the cartridge out shaking it and putting it back in etc. but no luck!

I was wondering if there was some way to reset the printer?

Grey Goo 23:42 PM 20 May 11

You may be able to do something with thisplease click here

rdave13 01:01 AM 21 May 11

Never had a problem with cartridges for the D92 from inkredible

Worth a try.

Kevscar1 07:04 AM 21 May 11

Occasionally get the messaage when installing just take them out and put back in and it's Ok. How old is the printer maybe it,s that that is going wrong and not the choice of cartridge.

mooly 08:14 AM 21 May 11

I can recommend Jettecs for Epson printers... fully guaranteed and superb quality with a real company behind the name. I use the T0711/2/3/4's in mine. They work as per originals apart from lasting twice as long. Do a google search ad you'll find them available quite cheaply.

Supermarket "own brands" such as Wilkinsons, Morrisons and Asda appear to Jettecs too.

mooly 08:16 AM 21 May 11

Why can we not paste links like every other forum on the web ????????????

link text

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know