Epson Cartridge Help Please

rachh925 22:26 09 Nov 09

I have an Epson DX5000 printer and have always used genuine Epson cartridges.
They are expensive & I'm finding they are not lasting very long as my children insist on printing reams & reams!
I was wondering if it is ok to use compatible ones instead, and if so which is the best company to use?
Many thanks

Strawballs 22:37 09 Nov 09

Yes use compatible ones but don't go for the really cheap ones as the problem with Epson is the print heads are not in the cartridge so if they get blocked it is a problem unblocking them.

click here

click here

I have used the carts from both of these in the past for epson without problems

badgermansix 23:10 09 Nov 09

I have been using PC Friend for years, found them to be fast and reliable, and always very friendly. click here

mooly 07:42 10 Nov 09

I see the two customer reviews for "7day shop" from one of the above links both have customers with non working cartridges.

Unfortunately this too has been my experience with compatables for Epson.

The only ones I find that are consistently 100% are Jettecs which also have the 100% extra life for the T0711 etc range.
click here

sharpamat 08:36 10 Nov 09

Have you looked as CISS after a lifetime with Epson printers I find these cannot be beaten.
they do need a little space for a row of external cartridges ( filling these is a doddle )

They came witn ink 7 to 10 times more than a standard cartridge. my R265 has run for three years with one set of replacement ink purchased my SX200 run for almost a yeas on what came with the CISS

I got mine from click here but look around to compair prices ensure they come with ink.

half way down the page is a link to fitting which may assist you to choose what types meet your needs

sharpamat 08:43 10 Nov 09

Sorry wrong link page
click here

sharpamat 08:45 10 Nov 09

Link only goes to home page which has searh put CISS DX5000

bjh 08:55 10 Nov 09

I've used this chap MoreInks click here for my Epson DX6050, which is effectively exactly the same model as yours, I believe.

My 7dayshop ones didn't work - wrong chip onboard (and I'm not one of the reviewers, so there must be a few others), and the ones I got from the next supplier or two were quick to dry out and kinda smeary. Heads blocked too, so kept having to clean.

Those from MoreInks seem fine. They've lasted ages, colour is good, and it doesn't make any mess/no cleaning needed. It did take a few sheets to reach good quality - I guess as the older poor ink was cleaned out

The link I have given is for a large multipack via Amazon. He also sells on Ebay, and has his own website... but it was a few pences cheaperer this way, and I is careful with pences. Obviously, if you look, he's got smaller packets to buy, but I can say they worked very well for me. (Well enough I've still got two black cartridges from the last supplier left over, and I will probably bin them or pass them on ..)

woodchip 08:57 10 Nov 09

AS Strawballs used both is links above without problems I now just get them from 7dayshop as they are cheaper

rachh925 09:52 10 Nov 09

Thanks to you all for your advice! I will go online now and have a look at all your suggestions!

bjh 10:22 10 Nov 09

Just to repeat, my most recent 7dayshop purchase for the Epson DX6050 (same as OP) did NOT work at all - wrong generation chip!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…