Epson C86 not working

LABMAN 22:28 20 Mar 07

Hi folks,

Looking for some help regarding my Epson C86 printer not working.

The black cartridge ran out and I've replaced it and run off a few more pages when I get the ink and paper buttons flashing alternate red lights, a check of the system brings up a warning that parts inside the printer have reached the ned of there service life and need replaced.

Now I have the SSC service utility installed thats meant to reset the counters etc for Epson printers but when I try to run it I get the message that the printer is turned off or has some other problem........

Is anyone able to offer any help regarding this or is the printer truly goosed, I have switched it off and on checked all the cables etc to make sure it's not something stupid thats causing it.

Thanks in advance for all and any suggestions

De Marcus™ 22:30 20 Mar 07

Try a complete uninstall / reinstall routine and then the SSC service utility. Don't forget that a reset such as this also requires a clean out of the ink pads which will be saturated or close to being saturated.

LABMAN 22:48 20 Mar 07

Hi De Marcus,

thanks for the prompt reply I've already tried that route but had no joy with it I'm afraid.

I even reinstalled the SSC service utillity in case there was a problem with it as to be honest I've never used it till now, it was only downloaded and installed as I'd seen it recomended on here in the past.

LABMAN 18:27 22 Mar 07

Got it reset in a shop and the ink pads done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…