Epson C82 printing too much magenta

Inky 11:43 14 Jul 03

Hi
Anyone else having problems with an Epson C82 printing too much magenta for photos?

My one uses twice as much magenta than any other colour, and reducing the magenta in the print options appears to make no difference whatsoever.

It's running on an XP platform, and the printer details in Control Panel show that the colour profile is correct for this printer (although Paint Shop Pro can't find it!).

stlucia 12:36 14 Jul 03

Do you mean that your photos look wrong, or that your magenta ink tank is running dry long before the other colours?

If the photos look wrong, the first check is to clean the heads, for too much magenta probably means too little yellow or cyan, due to blocked jets.

Inky 12:40 14 Jul 03

When I print photos there is a massive magenta cast across the image. I don't think it's a lack of the other colours because the magenta is just so heavy.

The magenta runs out quickly as a result.

stlucia 12:53 14 Jul 03

Okay, but have you tried cleaning the heads and doing a test pattern? Sometimes with my Epson (a different model) I have to clean them more than once before I get a satisfactory test pattern.

When someone says there's a certain colour "cast" on the print, 99% of the time it really means the opposite colour is not printing. If you've done a head-clean and a test pattern, then we'll have to think of something else.

Inky 13:11 14 Jul 03

Yes, they have been cleaned, in fact the magenta cartridge has also been replaced so would have gone through the charging routine as well. I know what you mean by the other colours being missing, but I'm looking at magenta cast in highlight areas where my Photo 890 is reproducing a near white. The thing is I can reduce the magenta to nearly nothing in the print options menu yet it makes no difference to the print!

stlucia 13:22 14 Jul 03

The fact that changing the print options seems to do nothing indicates that there might be a problem with the printer driver. It would be worth doing a reinstall.

Inky 13:50 16 Jul 03

I've just installed the printer onto a friends PC with the same result. I'll have to see if there are new drivers available

wee eddie 22:38 16 Jul 03

It may be relevant

Inky 12:13 18 Jul 03

I was using Epson branded, but now am using compatibles. Both exhibit the same effect.

wee eddie 12:25 18 Jul 03

Personally I think it is a dastardly trick played by Epson on those that use Compatible Cartridges.

But then I think that Kennedy was killed by *******!

ro1 15:40 18 Jul 03

hi all - yesterday i tried to print a greetings card and IT came out all dark red too - didnt before, but then ive just had a new pc - i wonder...nahhhhhhhhhhh silly isnt it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…