Epson C82 Printer

SHUNNA 21:26 21 Feb 04

My new printer clatters and clanks prior to printing, is this normal with these machines? Also from switch on it seems to take an age before actualy printing the first page, after this it`s quite quick. I connected it to the serial printer port, would I gain anything by connecting to a USB port instead?

Diodorus Siculus 21:34 21 Feb 04

Theoretically, the USB would be a faster connection; in reality I don't know however.

Not sure about it being noisy though...

dotterel 10:39 22 Feb 04

I have an Epson CX3200 and it too makes lots of clanking noises and takes an age to start. My previous Epson did too. It just seems to be a feature of these printers.

bhocip 10:55 22 Feb 04

I have a C82 printer; my one behaves in exactly the same manner as yours. I read somewhere that the clanking is to do with the fast feed of the paper. I have my printer on the parallel port. Hope this is of some use to you.
Regards.

Meshuga 11:11 22 Feb 04

I have the epson c62 and that is the same,it`s a peculiarity of epson. The delay at first is because it it collects all the print data first
an then prints it. Meshuga.

SHUNNA 14:47 22 Feb 04

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Nice to know that there is nothing wrong with it, I`ll just have to learn to ignore the initial racket and i don`t think I`ll bother reinstalling it on an USB port.
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…