Epson C80 stopped printing properly

My Epson C80 which has worked just fine until now has suddenly started to cause problems.

The black ink was running out so I replaced it but the new cartridge did not print on the test page (all the other colours did though). No matter how much head cleaning and removing and re-inserting the cartridge, it would not print any black (I have shaken the cartridge and can confirm that I can hear the ink sloshing around)

I then replaced the magenta as this was also showing low. This will not now print either. I am now left with just cyan, and yellow. I suspect that if I was to replace these that they would also disappear!!

I am using genuine Epson cartridges so there should not be any compatibility problems. The status monitor shows all the cartridges including the ones that will not print (and as they are newly inserted, shows them as full)

Any ideas? All advice gratefully appreciated as I have just stocked up on epson cartridges ready for a heavy post summer printing session!!

Androcles 21:58 04 Aug 04

Try this,remove all cartridges and wipe the bottoms of them with a damp cloth and clean the chip connections with a dry cloth.Then clean the carrier jets in the printer with a damp cloth,and again the chip connections in the carrier with a dry one.Hope this helps.

Tried you advice but no joy. Still just a 2 colour printer!! I have tried re-loading the drivers etc. I havn't loaded any software since I last used the printer so I just cannot think what can have happened.

Androcles 22:36 04 Aug 04

Sorry that didn't work have a read of this click here
Clogged Clogging Blocked Epson Printhead Nozzles- Many suggestions how to overcome blocked Epson printhead nozzles.InkMagic International (Canada) Ltd - Inkjet refill kits, compatible cartridges and laser cartridges - Canadian manufacturer of premium printer consumables. Regards.

woodchip 23:14 04 Aug 04

You could Try this Cleaner, from click here

Make sure you choose the correct printer from list when you use it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…