Epson C80 Blocked Printer Heads

jjb man 10:40 31 Jan 03

I have recently installed compatible ink after my Epson original ran out.The print heads have blocked up and even after a dozen print head cleans on the utility mode,remain blocked.Nearly a quarter of the new ink has been used and I have yet to print anything.Could this have anything to do with the compatible ink or is it just coincidence?It is by a well known supplier.

Djohn 10:51 31 Jan 03

click here Have a read here, and see if this helps, it is more likely to be a coincidence if the ink supplier is a well known one. I like many others use compatible ink with no problem.

If the thread does not help, please post back on this thread. Regards. J.

pj123 16:02 31 Jan 03

shouldn't think it is anything to do with using compatible cartridges. I have used compatible cartridges all the time. (from click here. co. uk) try this site click here who do a range of cleaning cartridges. they have always worked for me.

pj123 16:04 31 Jan 03

sorry the link for Choice Stationery should have been click here

shifty 16:22 31 Jan 03

Have just had the same problem with my Epson C70plus which is a similar model with cartridges supplied by choice stationary. Have used compatibles in another printer from choice stationary for the past two years with no problems at all, but for some reason this doesn't want to know. Tried two batches of cartridges which all gave the same results which have now all been replaced with originals until I can find some different suitable compatibles. All credit to choice stationary they gave me a refund on the cartridges. It got me wondering whether it was something Epson had done to prevent the use of compatibles but there seams to be plenty of other Epson owners using compatibles without any problems.

blademann10 03:48 02 Feb 03

Hi have you touched the printed curciet if so you will need to degrease them as the wax off your fingers will stop the connection that is if you have chip type cartridge. tip from ex-bt worker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…