Epson C66 Printer Freezing up my pc when printing

foxmulder 13:08 05 Aug 05

Just recently whenever I select my Epson Printer to print any kind of document / webpage etc it starts off fine then the mouse on the screen freezes and the printer stops printing half way through the job and the green status lights flashes.

Reinstalled system again and still it is happening. Am assuming it's not a software problem as it was working well before. It is plugged into a USB PCI Card which I've not had problems with before.

Just wondering what can cause this type of problem as it's hard to eliminate what's not causing this lock up? It means I keep having to reboot my pc and don't have use of the printer.

Running XP and the only thing i have recently changed is that I now use a Microsoft Optical Mouse instead of the cordless one I previously used. Help! I don't want to have to buy a new printer!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:03 05 Aug 05

could be a driver conflict or too much power use by the USB port.

Unplug the mouse before starting the printing, does this cure the problem?

foxmulder 16:19 05 Aug 05

I have connected a USB Modem, Kodak Digital Camera, Printer and Mouse. This might be it as all of them are taking power from the main board. Will plug the PS2 mouse back in and see if that makes a difference.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 05 Aug 05

USB Modem, Kodak Digital Camera, Printer and Mouse. All being plug in at same time can cause the problem as modem printer etc. very power hungry and the card will only supply 500mA to share between the ports.

easiest solution if everthing needs to be plugged in, is maybe a powered hub

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…