Epson C64 No Yellow!

JohnDG 19:22 18 Jun 04

I am (was) using compatable carts for my printer, but after the last change I had no yellow. I have cleaned several times but no good. I then changed all carts again in case it was a defective cart, but still no yellow. I have cleaned again and now have half empty carts and STILL no yellow. Sometimes there is a trace of black in what should be a yellow area? Any advice will help or else the printer goes in the bin. Printer only 6 months old but warranty no good after compatable carts used.
John DG

terryr48 19:31 18 Jun 04

I think I have read somewhere that epson cannot invailidate warranty if you use compats-if you are worried about this go and buy some origanals thenif it still dosn't work with these take it back with these in-they can't prove that you have used compats this way

Dorsai 19:35 18 Jun 04

Don't use compatible ink.

Buy a printer.

My printer, An epson C84 has four tanks. They cost about £60 to replace all four. The printer only cost £80. I will buy new one's till the guarantee runs out then buy a new printer. only £20 more, and another years garantee. means i wont get stuck with four full ink tanks, and a printer that's DOA..

What do others think?

JohnDG 19:57 18 Jun 04

Cost of Epson carts =£50.81 for set
Cost of C64 printer =£53.99 (Eclipse)

Guess what I will do?

Maybe buy new printer, swap new carts into old printer..... return old printer under warranty,
sell replacement printer, keep new one.

JohnDG

Dorsai 20:22 18 Jun 04

Now there is an idea..but first use up old tanks that came with old printer...no pont in sending old duff printer back full of ink...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009