Epson c62 printer problem

Jomi 21:04 22 May 03

The photos I've tried to produce have been poor recently because of missing yellow or occasional bands of correct colour.
I've just switched ink cartridges to the cheap 'chipped' ones thatI got at a computer fair.
I've run the print head cleaning programmes but it hasn't worked.
Do you think this will be a printer problem or just the cheap cartridges?

csqwared 21:40 22 May 03

If the problem has only arisen since the installation of the cheap cartridges I'd suspect them, if not it is most likely the printer. I have used cheaper chipped cartridges from click here for some time now with my C62 with no adverse effects and I print images from my digi camera up to A4.

cc

LAP 21:55 22 May 03

My wife and I both run computers using Epson C62's and compatible cartridges. She is in the process of printing a book and hers works fine colours perfect. On mine I don't use colour very often and when I do I get the same problem as you describe. I have found that printing out a A4 size coloured picture in 'draft'a couple of times and cleaning the heads in between does the trick. It would appear to be a lack of use.
I ordered my cartridges from same place as 'csqwared' the service and price is excellent..Lap..

Jomi 19:02 23 May 03

Thank you both for the advice, I opted for Laps advice first because I don't print much in colour and I'm a cheapskate with the ink, anyway, that did the trick so I'm well pleased!

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…