epson c46 poor print quality

notrom 12:14 19 Sep 06

I am getting faint doubling of text characters which makes printed text look very scruffy and, in small font sizes, hard to read. Have used Head Cleaner/Nozzle Check with fairly good results on the printed test (one very faint white line through black square; yellow strip not a pure yellow - looks as if there's some black mixed in) but it doesn't seem to have much effect on 'real' printing.

Any suggestions to fix this? I urgently need to send out some invites where I would like decent quality printing. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Pesala 18:41 21 Sep 06

Check the position of the envelope lever if there is one (it alters the distance of the printhead from the paper). What grade of paper are you using? Are you using draft, medium, or high quality mode? Print some small solid blocks of each colour, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black.

notrom 17:19 28 Sep 06

Pesala - forgive my apparent rudeness for not replying earlier; my computer started dying on Friday and finally gave up the ghost on Sunday.

Armed with a spiffy new machine, I can answer your questions in order: I don't think I have an envelope lever; I'm using ordinary WH Smith paper that has been perfectly adequat for text printing in the past; I'm using high quality mode; have printed blocks of colour with seemingly a quite reasonable result.

Despite new machine, printing is still mediocre.

notrom 17:20 28 Sep 06

Meant to add that I've also used a cleaning cartridge to no obvious benefit

bugatti13 12:54 29 Sep 06

Have you tried printing on high quality paper to see if it improves?

Pete 60 13:33 29 Sep 06

I had the same problem with a C64, tried allsorts, head cleaning, nozzle checks, new cartridges etc, i made a decision its time for a new printer. A colleague has just replaced his D88 because of the same problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…