Epson C44ux

I have the above and would like to know how to print in B/W only as by default it always prints in colour. I have been through the status monitor etc. and cannot for the life of me find anywher to chaange to B/W.Can anyone help?

xania 10:16 11 Aug 03

I have just doena search of the Epsom site for your printer click here.

Here you have the reference guide at item 5.

Contents item 5 details how to print in Windows - para 3 shows how to select your print options, one of which is Black ink only.

Thanks for your quick reply.The trouble is you were looking at the Epson america site which is different to the british one. There is no 'black ink only' option on the british version,sorry.

pj123 12:40 11 Aug 03

I have a C42ux and a C70. If you go to File, Print, Properties, does it not have (underneath media type) a button for colour and black? Both of mine do.

GroupFC 13:21 11 Aug 03

I am with pj123 on this one!

I have the c42ux, but it is actually >File >print >Prefences and on the main preference tab, as pj says just below the media type are buttons to select either B/W or coulour ptinting.

xania 13:48 11 Aug 03

What a ridiculous situation. The US model works differently to the UK one - that's bad enough, but, according to the web site, your model does not exist in UK. Perhaps they are giving you a hint - perhaps they are giving us all a hint.

pj123 14:36 11 Aug 03

xania. It is not Epsom, it is Epson.

pj123 14:39 11 Aug 03

GroupFC. It is not preferences on mine. I am looking at it now. It is definitely File Print Properties and on the main tab it is media type then colour then mode then ink levels?

sil_ver 14:43 11 Aug 03

have you tried downloading the latest driver/printer monitor software?

GroupFC 15:14 11 Aug 03

Hmmm, very interesting!! I'm looking at it to too and mine says preferences!!! Everything else is as you say.

jpieter, does any of this help?

GroupFC 15:18 11 Aug 03

Unless I open it from printer settings from the system tray when the dialogue box is headed up Properties!!!

Even I'm getting confused now! LOL!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…