//some 3rd party need geo

Epson C42plus and windows XP problem

mags65 13:29 15 Mar 05

I had an epson c42 insatlled on this same comp when windows ME was the OS and never had any probs but since installing Xp I can't get it to work. I have downloaded the most up to date drivers from the epson website and the comp recognises the hardware and it looks as if it's going to print when you select it but then it just reports an error. I dont have any printers in the device manager section and the USB port all seem to be working well. Any suggestions or is this because it's an old printer and not really compatible with XP. I do have anew printer but am loathe to use it until I've used up all the ink I have for this one. I've still got about four packs of ink to use.

carper 13:42 15 Mar 05

I have an Epsonb 42+ which works perfectly well with XP Home SP2. I queried Epson whether it Would be a good idea to download the latest driver, but they said that if it was working OK to leave it. I would suggest that you uninstall then reinstall with the original software. Hope this helps Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…