Epson C42 + Ink carrage will not move all the way

Roseandaleman 22:32 08 Mar 05

My Epson C42 + Ink carrage will not go all the way across. I want to put in a new cartridge but can only get to the black one.
Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Buchan 35 23:11 08 Mar 05

I`m sorry I don`t know what the problem is, but if you make phone contact with Epson as I`ve done for my printer they`ll tell you the telephone number, name and address of their man nearest to you. I live out in the sticks of Lincolnshire and my local lad is 13 miles away.

Roseandaleman 23:18 08 Mar 05

Thanks, I also live out in the sticks in Cambs, thought I would check here first before using the phone.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:32 08 Mar 05

Cartridge belt slipped.

Grip cartridges firmly and move to left approx 3 clicks (don't worry it will still work after supposedly rough tratment.)

If 3 clicks not enogh then just repeat procedure.

pj123 10:53 09 Mar 05

To force an ink cartridge change on an Epson printer:

Locate the power cable at the back of the printer, lift the lid, switch the printer on, as soon as the cartridges start moving to the left pull the mains cable out. Now manually move the cartridges to the access point. Change the ink and then move the cartridges all the the way to the left. Plug the power lead back in and switch on the printer.

Roseandaleman 16:12 09 Mar 05

Thanks all, rang Epson,black cartridge only run out,will only go fully across if colour cartridge has run out of ink, also instructions on sheet not complete. Re-installed part of the installation disc, now I am able to see the ink status when printing.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…