Epson C20 SX printer, clatters like mad!!!!!!

Fred the flour grader 18:36 09 Jan 04

Hi guys my (Skoda Estelle) Epson C20 SX printer has started to clatter louder than it normally does. It is giving a warning that i should "Turn off the printer and remove foreign objects from printer or seek assistance".

Anyone know what this could be or is it time it went to the printer scrapyard.

I have inspected it internally and cannot see anything in the printer that should not be there.

Many thanks in advance for any help given

Big Elf 18:54 09 Jan 04

2 suggestions.

1. Check to see whether any paper 'shreds' are stuck in the mechanism.

2. Get the cheque book ready.

:0)

TommyRed 19:32 09 Jan 04

I had two problems when I had an Epson C20, first was a biro had fell inside where the paper loads, causing jams etc and the second was when ink spilled out everywhere (cartridge was ok) and I had to sling it in the skip. Might still have the odd cartridge lying around. E-mail me if you want it/them. TR

Fred the flour grader 20:10 09 Jan 04

Thanks for the offer of the cartridges TommyRed, I have had a good look at the printer and cannot find anything in it.
Big Elf's suggestion that i (get the cheque book out) looks like the answer.
Thanks again

Fred the flour grader 09:57 20 Jan 04

I have fixed it, and just for info for anybody else who has the Estelle (C20 SX). Here is how I done it:
Take case off by pushing the lobes in from underneath.
2)move the cartridge chassis to hand to the left of the printer.
3) there is a spring loaded unit which needs to be pushed down back into place (you will hear it click back in)
4)clean around this area with cotton wool buds soaked in methylated spirit. allow this to dry for a couple of hours.
Hey presto,the Estelle lives on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos