Epson- black ink not working

algernonymous 13:08 19 Apr 06

Can anyone tell me why the black ink isn't printing on my Epson 670? I have owned it for about 5 years now and had no problems until I used a new cartridge from the latest batch I had ordered from Choice (who I have always used and been very happy with). They are 'compatible' carts, which, once again, I have always used. I have tried two of them but with no luck. The display shows them as full.

Genius1 13:13 19 Apr 06

I know that this sounds really stupid - it is not meant to be patronising. Have you made sure that they are in the right way round and the plastic covering on the nozzel and contact has been taken off? I'm sure you have but just in case you haven't!...

jammin 13:17 19 Apr 06

have you tried the head cleaning/nozzle cleaning utility?

Genius1 13:18 19 Apr 06

I was going to suggest this, but with them being brand new cartridges, would this need to be done? I have often wondered this.

algernonymous 13:33 19 Apr 06

Its the right way round and there's no plastic to be removed ( it just gets pierced) but thanks for responding- it made me look and I thought I may as well try a third cartridge- and that works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…