epson 870 wont print

richierich 08:56 07 Mar 04

My printer has suddenly stopped putting any ink on page.
goes through the motion of printing but completely blank, not even a tiny spec.
I have tried new cartridges, numerous cleaning cycles. I find it unbelievable that every single nozzle is blocked, something else must be up. any ideas please

valex008 09:01 07 Mar 04

check your cables and driver i cant see them all being blocked either

richierich 09:25 07 Mar 04

Cables seem ok, reinstalled driver, even installed later XP driver (i am running XP) but still absolutely nothing coming out, even though the heads go back and forth as though printing. The printer is nearly 4 yrs old and has had good use so maybe its bon farewell, any other ideas please

Kinder Scout 10:40 07 Mar 04

You could try the the super head clean with this free program click here Failing that there are cleaning cartidges available, you might find it cheaper to buy a new Epson printer though.

richierich 20:28 07 Mar 04

thanks for programme details. It didnt fix problem but I will certainly keep it for using with my other printers, good utilities. You are right, a new printer is probably better value than messing around with cleaner cartridges that may or may not work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…