Epson 830 Printer

rickf 21:38 24 Aug 03

Hi All,
I am thinking of buying this printer for photos. Its on offer at Dabs for £59 incl Vat which is an exceptional price. Will you recommend it? Thanks.

rickf 21:59 24 Aug 03

bummmp

Tinkey Winkey 23:23 24 Aug 03

I've had one for a few months now.It's a good little photo printer and at that price I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.Very easy to setup and use.Text in documents can be a little fuzzy around the edges sometimes but nothing to worry about.I mainly use this printer for letters,documents,invitations etc.(I have an Epson 2100 for Photos - due to it's 50 year longevity ,but it's expensive and the prints aren't as nice and glossy as you'll get from the 830, and at a bargin price too).Output on Photo Quality Inkjet paper is really good at only 10p per sheet.Photos on Premium Glossy Photo Paper offers excellent prints like that of processed film but only has a 10year lightfastness so you may have to print them again later.PGPP costs around 60p per A4 sheet I think.Anyway don't waste time umming and arring like I did .Get the 830 and enjoy.

rickf 09:38 25 Aug 03

Pink Panther,
Thanks for the response. Its good to know. I have already ordered it and my Epson 680 is going to my son. Thanks again.

Digital 19:20 28 Aug 03

I can confirm everything Pink Panther says about the Epson 830, photos are excellent but I find I have to use the "Photo Enhance" & "Vivid" options to get good colours & contrast with photos taken on a Kodak 4330 camera. The PhotoQuicker software supplied with the printer is basic but works OK if you don't want to do anything fancy though the latest release assumes you want one copy of everything in a file whereas the original assumed nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…