epson 640 printer no ink level

albig 22:38 02 May 03

since changing my computer i now run windows xp my printer works ok but i cannot get the level of my ink cartridges like I usedto under windows do not have updated drivers

hugh-265156 22:49 02 May 03

ive a c42 plus and there is no xp drivers for this either from epson and microsofts drivers dont using win 2000 drivers from epson and they work fine.there is win 2000 for the 640 i would give it a try.

woodchip 22:53 02 May 03

Your print out will soon tell you if you are out of ink. Morel have a spare cartridge

Ironman556 22:56 02 May 03

The XP drivers only support the basic priniting, not reading the level of ink. You'll need to download the drivers for XP for the 640 and the software to go with it. You'll then be able to view the ink levels.

I think I got the drivers from either click here (you'll have to register, but it's free) or the epson website.

Ironman556 23:11 02 May 03

What should I do now I have upgraded to Windows XP?

For your EPSON Stylus printer to work correctly on Windows XP you will need to download and then install the relevant driver from the Internet. Please click here for the Epson website. Please note: If there is no XP drivers for your printer please use the Windows 2000 drivers.

To download the XP compatible drivers please click on the following link click here. Please then confirm your language and select downloads. Once you have found the required driver save it to your desired location and install your printer with the downloaded driver. For guidance on how to install click the following link:

How do I install a USB printer on Windows 2000 or XP? (click here)

Please note: Instead of using the EPSON Printer Software CD-ROM locate the setup file in the downloaded driver.

huggyg71 is right to say to use the 2000 driver. Good luck.

hugh-265156 23:23 02 May 03

yeah and its the status monitor you want aswell this is what monitors the ink levels.

behrouzn 23:52 02 May 03

check that the cable is attached properly, coz i had the problem with my Epson c82, and it was just a loose cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…