Epson 4990 scanner problem with Win XP

overgrey 15:14 20 Sep 08

I have been running the 4990 together with Konica photocopier/printer and also Epson R2400.
On selecting Konica to carry out a low resolution scan & print I then reverted back to 4990 to scan a negative after which an error message appeared advising 4990 not recognised.
Software was removed and reloaded (3 times) but still same.
Scanner does not appear in Control Panel but does appear in Device manager with ! mark and advice to reload driver.

Epson helpdesk gave usual advice to reload drivers and also

1. Click on Start > Control Panel (if necessary select ‘switch to classic view’).

2. In the Control Panel window double click on the Administrative Tools icon and then the Services icon.

3. In the Services window scroll down the list in the right hand pane until you can see the Still Image Service.

4. Right click on the entry and click start. Close all the windows down and try using Epson Scan again.

I am unable to locate Still Image Service.
Is this the source of my problem ?

Interestingly, Software loaded on separate laptop running Vista and 4990worked perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…