epson 4490 scanner problem

Boy Zone 15:52 08 Feb 07

Hi on this lovely snowy day.
I'm trying to help my friend install his new epson 4490 scanner. I've installed all the drivers, and yet when I try to copy using the creativity option, from either the buttons on the scanner or the directory files, I cant get the copy function to work. It will scan to fax and to email, but wont copy direct to printer. I keep geting an error escndv.exe application error. I've looked this up on google, and seems to be a real problem with epson scanners, a software problem. Having contacted Epson they say it's a microsoft problem. My friend has win xp SP 2,1Gb memory and 250 hard drive.ANy advise please.

Boy Zone 18:15 08 Feb 07

bump, any ideas welcome

Technotiger 18:27 08 Feb 07

Hi, has your friend also got a digital camera software on the pc - if so, uninstall the camera/software, then try the scanner again.
A friend of mine had a similar problem with her epson scanner, I uninstalled her camera software and scanner worked again.

SANTOS7 18:38 08 Feb 07

There is a suggestion that the preview image maybe corrupt..

The file can be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\****\Application Data\EPSON\ESCNDV\ES0052\FULL.bmp
where **** is your profile name. Delete FULL.bmp

Boy Zone 20:09 08 Feb 07

Thanks Santos7, yes I have done this but, deleting this does not resolve the issue of not being able to direct copy function, he still cant use the creativity copy function. I have been in direct contact with epson, and all they say is it's NOT their software it's microsoft problem.
When you ask why they release their hardware with known software problems they just fob you off.

SANTOS7 20:39 08 Feb 07

is the creativity copy function software installed properly , there is a factory update here
click here
it may help...

Boy Zone 21:08 08 Feb 07

Yes I downloaded this 3.6 upgrade, as per epsons advice, but it still does not work. When I contacted epson, it was a case of oh well, it must be Bill Gates problem!

SANTOS7 21:14 08 Feb 07

Not sure if it's relevant or not, but this error generally comes up when the scanner's off (or has been off) and you try and start the scanning software. Powering the scanner on doesn't always make windows recognise the scanner, so the error comes up again. Turn on scanner, reboot the pc and then leave the scanner turned on.

Boy Zone 09:13 09 Feb 07

Hi,
Thanks for your input,windows does recognise the scanner when its turned on, as I have said he can scan, but cant use the copy facility, i.e. copy direct to his printer or the creativity options. Does seem a problem with epson software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced