Epson 3650 3-in-1

the hick 17:25 19 Feb 11

This 'all-in-one' working fine earlier today, now giving error message, to effect that 'parts inside printer at end of useful life'. Anyone any idea please what parts this usually means? Any advice much appreciated.

Diemmess 17:54 19 Feb 11

I think this could mean the waste ink reservoir is full.

In the past, this forum has offered all sorts of links on how to deal with your problem. There must be a host of ideas out there.

From personal experience dismantling involves all sorts of esoteric methods. Each unit has important differences, I could almost believe it is to keep the DIY brigade from solving the problem and buy again!

spuds 17:55 19 Feb 11

You might find that the ink waste tank wants cleaning,then the printer resetting to work mode. Simple enough if you know what you are doing, otherwise about £40.00 at an Epson authorised agent.

woodchip 19:24 19 Feb 11

Easy way is go into the back if there is a plate, you will find a wast pipe take this out at make it so it can run into a bottle that does not tip over. then use click here after download double click on it check the drop down to see if your printer is in the list, you will need to reset printer if it is

the hick 00:12 20 Feb 11

Thank you for replies. I downloaded SSC utility, and it gives message, 'device not found'. I shall have a further look at this in the morning I reckon.

the hick 15:06 20 Feb 11

Eventually reset the counter, working again now. However, no doubt I shall have to dismantle to clean the waste ink tank. I think, there are some hidden screws under the control panel, and probably numerous plastic clip fastenings to release. Woodchip, taking the pipe to small bottle does seem a good idea, may do this. Thanks for the replies.

spuds 16:02 20 Feb 11

Regarding the plastic clips. Be very careful and treat them with TLC, as you might cause damage to the plastic casing. Also check before 'forcing' anything, because there might be hidden fixtures.

And don't forget to wear gloves and place newspaper in the area your are working in, because if there is an ink leak, you might find the cleaning up not human friendly.

woodchip 16:26 20 Feb 11

Check for a plate at the back of the printer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5