Epson 3600 How set to print black ink only?

bknight 22:43 02 Mar 06

Hi, Our Epson 3600 has run out of coloured ink, but has loads of black left, even though most prints have been black text. Some forums say that the 3600 will use colour for B&W printing unless you set it to use black ink only. We can't find where to set this option anywhere. Also, if you set this, will it allow balck printing even if the colorsw are empty? Thanks.

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:12 02 Mar 06

Should have a properties tab for your printer then click printing preferences to set black.
I think it would be advisable to replace the colour cart.

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:18 02 Mar 06

click here
for compatibles. They also supply genuine carts if you want them.

bknight 11:57 03 Mar 06

Thanks - tried all the usual places to set the printer to black only - Properties / Preferences etc but no joy.

Hertz Van Rentyl 12:25 03 Mar 06

It is possibly an automatic function as you have the option to select "text" in your GUI. The Mac screen is more traditional Epson and has the "black only" option. What it does about coloured text remains a mystery. Tried looking at the online manuals but the only thing missing is your query.

Hertz Van Rentyl 13:54 03 Mar 06

Is it on the advanced or show settings here:
click here

bknight 16:43 03 Mar 06

Cheers Hertz, I guess that might do it. She was trying to print in draft, but the empty colour cart(s) was preventing it. I've ordered carts and that zapper gadget today too. Thanks for the tips. Jacko

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:48 03 Mar 06

I think that particular model uses the colour carts to print in draft so what you say is logical, anyway good luck and hope all is well.

bknight 12:05 04 Mar 06

Carts arrived today - v. impressive as ordered only yesterday, but zapper was missing though on the delivery note. Hopefully my daughter can hang on for that, otherwise she'll have to junk the old colours.

bknight 12:11 04 Mar 06

Found this on the Review Centre - confirms your comment about Draft setting being colour only.
click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 12:21 04 Mar 06

You can use this to service printer inks etc
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017