Epson 3200 scanner & firewire

Smiler 15:55 19 Oct 03

I have an Epson 3200 scanner which up to now I have been using usb 1.0 with Windows 98se. I have added a firewire card to my computer and have removed the usb cable and connected by firewire cable but I cannot access the scanner. In device manager the 1394 bus controller is recognised ok and the scanner is shown under other devices as EPSON GT-9800 IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device with a yellow question mark by it. Under its properties it states that the driver for this device are not installed (Code 28) I have tried to reinstall the driver but don't know where to find them. I've uninstalled Epson scan & reinstalled but I still cannot access the scanner by firewire. Any help appreciated.

Smiler 19:18 19 Oct 03

^^^

Smiler 09:51 20 Oct 03

^ :-(

Smiler 17:13 20 Oct 03

I take it no one has any ideas then?

BarryKeith 17:34 20 Oct 03

You will have to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them to enable the system to be able to use the scanner. At present the drivers are associated with the connector that you were using previously, so the scanner, although recognised, cannot be operated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…