Epson 3170 Scanner

User-178362 07:31 17 Jul 07

Don’t take too much notice of the manufacturer’s guarantee. Goods you buy have to be of satisfactory quality by law. Part of the definition of satisfactory quality is that they have to be reasonably durable, and you wouldn’t expect a scanner to pack up on you after 2 yrs. You can actually claim up to six years for faulty goods if they should have lasted that long.

The above came from a newspaper, I have changed a word to "scanner". Not sure if it is the light or some other problem.

My scanner start button keeps flashing red, In faults it tells me it could need of a new florescent light. It isn't used often,sometimes I leave it switched on but not with the lid open.

Do you know if it is easy to replace, expensive, or would you take it back, or pay and take it into be fixed? Of cause I will be asking one of the shops there advice before acting.

jack 09:03 17 Jul 07

The Epson customer support site I guess is the first stop.click here;_ylu=X3oDMTExcDQ1bmxqBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAwRsA1dTMQ--/SIG=11bbhpvs5/EXP=1184745725/**http%3a//click here
Short of being dropped the tube should a have a resonable life - especially 'consumer models'
such as the like of you and I have that are not exactly overworked.
The trouble with stff like this that is 'out of warranty' the cost of shipping and labour rate is such the bill come to damn near buying the next one.

But Epson are pretty good at out warranty stuff- with printers anyway.
My [then] 18month old R300 went on the blink
got onto Epson- who offered to swap it for a refurb model for a nominal sun- not much more than the cost of sending DHL to do the swap.
They may do the same with scanners
Ask them!

User-178362 11:05 08 Oct 07

Cannot find resolved maybe its because I haven't been on for so long. The scanner was unrepairable. I have a new one now. thank you for your help.

User-178362 11:14 08 Oct 07

I can see the box to tick but resolved is coverd up with PC Advisor poster about Free Tutorials. I cannot move it.

Technotiger 12:28 08 Oct 07

I am also getting the Advert cover-up on this thread, is anyone else getting it? Using Firefox. I just tried the same thread on IE and the Thread text was clear - no PCA advert, at least not covering the text.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…