EPSON

sadie 2 18:51 05 Jul 04

Hi a friend of mine has just bought a epson stylus printer but can not get to work he has got it in a usb port but a error says it can not conect because it is in a LPT 1 port any help thanks.

pj123 19:38 05 Jul 04

First, check the BIOS to make sure USB is enabled. If it is try installing the printer drivers before connecting the printer. Epson printers don't like being connected before the drivers are installed. The software will tell you when to connect and switch on the printer.

Meshuga 19:50 05 Jul 04

Hi sadie2. When you installed the printer it usually asks what connection you intend using and if you dont click on USB it will install on LPT1 by default. Suggest reinstall. Meshuga.

Bobby237 21:43 07 Jul 04

Which version of Windows are you using?

SantasLittleHelper 21:53 07 Jul 04

Hi, if you go to Start, Control Panel, Printers. Right click on printer icon, go to properties then ports (if using XP), details if Windows 98, and select USB.

C_N 14:04 08 Jul 04

Hi, I just solved this problem with mine, if you're using any other operating system than is described on the disc label, (Me, Xp etc.) go onto click here from here just select your printer, OS and click search. I downloaded the Windows Me driver version five point something. it took about half an hour on a standard 56Kb\s connection. It looks and works the same as the old driver only it sets up the USB.

OR

in the the "PRINTERS" folder open your printer's properties box and click on the "DETAILS" tab. where it says Lpt1 write "EPUSB1" (without speech marks!) I know it sounds wierd but it's right.

OR

Look at my old thread. click here

C_N 14:05 08 Jul 04

Hi, I just solved this problem with mine, if you're using any other operating system than is described on the disc label, (Me, Xp etc.) go onto click here from here just select your printer, OS and click search. I downloaded the Windows Me driver version five point something. it took about half an hour on a standard 56Kb\s connection. It looks and works the same as the old driver only it sets up the USB.

OR

in the the "PRINTERS" folder open your printer's properties box and click on the "DETAILS" tab. where it says Lpt1 write "EPUSB1" (without speech marks!) I know it sounds wierd but it's right.

OR

C_N 14:05 08 Jul 04

OR

OR

sadie 2 18:20 10 Jul 04

thanks everyone for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…