Epson 1290 Stylus feed / Roller problem

Boing_Boing 15:10 26 Mar 09

My Epson Stylus Photo 1290 has recently been causing problems. The rollers used to feed through the paper immediately after ink has been applied is not working consistently. When using thin paper, it jams and the leading edge will not feed through, however, the head continues printing and the initial feeder continues so the paper ends up all bunched together in an inky mess.

It is more severe when printing solid ink but simple text pages are also not perfect.

When printing photos on glossy paper, it manages to feed through but small catch marks are evident on the leading edge followed by a fainter print line vertically all the way down the print page. My assumption is that this could bee a simple maintenance fix, roller clean or something similar. I do not have a good understanding of printers or their mechanisms so hope my explanation is clear enough.

Thank you.

jack 15:22 26 Mar 09

Epson photo paper included in the pack a cleaner sheet a thickish coated paper that fed through to clean up rollers and pathways.
Is it still available in Epson paer packs or as a separate item?
An alternative suggestion a sheet of thick absorbant paper[ cartridge or watercolour paper
Wet the surfaces with alchohol based - window cleaner or similar.
Do several pasper feeds.

Boing_Boing 15:44 26 Mar 09

Thanks Jack.. I'll give that a go and let you know!!

sharpamat 15:52 26 Mar 09

Taff™ has already mentioned duel posting. but this sort of problem could have many reasons.As jack has already stated the basic method of cleaning rollers. however I would look closely at the rollers for any obstruction,espically where the printed copy comes out even a small bit of torn paper could cause this.and your posted details seem to indicate this

If the paper passed thro without problems but problems then return when you are actually printing the problem lies elsewhere

The vertical line however seems to be a seperate issue. Try a head clean ( in Maintance ) and head alignment.

As a final option you could uninstall and then reinstall your printer as per Epsons instruction

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…