Epson 1260 Perfection Scanner & Ism.dll problem

BADGERSEND 17:44 26 Nov 04

Has anyone any knowledge of how to cure the problem that has developed on my computer involving the use of Epson Scanner 1260 Perfedtion and Smart Panel.

For no apparent reason, two days ago when I went to use Smart Panel, I got a message telling me that it could not find file Ism.dll and told me to re install the program. I did this, but without any kind of success.

I have tried a restore, but still no go. I cannot find any information on the Epson web site.

I have never had this problem until now. Has anyone else out there come across this and if so, how was it corrected.

I am using Windows XP HE and Service Pack 2.

Davey.

Technotiger 19:17 26 Nov 04

Hi, have you done a Search in All Files and Folders ........ I have Epson Scanner Perf 1650...
I just did a Search and Ism.dll appears several times in different places on my pc - XP Home.

BADGERSEND 20:29 26 Nov 04

Thanks technotiger. I did that and got no where. However I have managed to find a fix on Epson,i.e.a prog, DelReg. Download it and then uninstall the 1620 software, Run the DelReg Prog and then re install. It works. Hope that helps anyone with the same problem.

Davey

Technotiger 20:35 26 Nov 04

Great - all's well that ends well then:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…