Epson 1250 scanner

naggis 15:44 19 Oct 06

I have just reinstalled windows xp sp2.
The installation cd for this scanner has been lost!!
The epson site has the latest driver, which installed ok.
But there is no software to run the scanner - so it is as much use as a choco fireguard.
Can anyone point me in the direction of suitable software or a copy of the orig cd?
Thanks in advance

Ianjp 15:47 19 Oct 06

The original software will be on the Epson site, seperate from the driver.

If the driver is Twain compliant (virtuall all are) you can scan from within applications, using the application's interface with the driver. So in Word, for example, click insert/picture/from scanner.

recap 15:51 19 Oct 06

click here it may be what you are looking for?

naggis 16:26 19 Oct 06

recap - the software seems to be for another scanner unfortunately. I could not find any of the associated software

sicknote 16:37 19 Oct 06
  naggis 16:52 19 Oct 06

What seems to be needed is the Smart Panel.
This is produced by another software company.
They offer an upgrade but not the original app.
Where to get this original software is the problem

Woolwell 17:49 19 Oct 06

You should be able to scan without the Smart Panel using XP's own wizard or from another application.

Try contacting Epson and see what they say or NewSoft who produce Smart Panel.

recap 18:01 19 Oct 06

naggis, if you pm me your delivery details, I have found a spare copy you can have.

naggis 19:05 19 Oct 06

Hi recap
Thanks very much for the offer. I would certainly like to take you up on it. How can I contact you?

recap 18:51 22 Oct 06

Thanks for the email naggis, i'm glad to be of service to you.

recap

AndySD 18:59 22 Oct 06

Yes I had this a few months ago and found the full set on the USA Site. I will go look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…