Epson 1250 prob

Young Ranger 13:02 06 Sep 03

I have an Epson 1250 scanner with Win XP which was working fine untill today (although I don't use it very often). It is left unplugged from the power source when not in use.

When I try to import an image via Paint Shop I get the message "Error occured while trying to open the data source."

When I try to use smart panel I get the message "opening error: Scriptfile\Program files\Epson\Smart Panel\Data\smapanel\smapanel.lao, [LAYOUT] mistake".

I tried system restore, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, using a different USB port and have rebooted several times.

Any other ideas please?

Young Ranger 23:23 06 Sep 03

Refresh

woodchip 23:27 06 Sep 03

The scanner will only work if it's pluged in when you boot the computer

whybe 00:17 07 Sep 03

Similar to woodchip's comment, my Visioneer Scanner needs to be plugged in and switched on before I start up the PC, in order to get all its facilities working.

Young Ranger 12:10 07 Sep 03

It is pluged in and has been continuously for the last couple of days but still dosen't work despite many boots. Plugging it in after boot up has never been a problem in the past.

Young Ranger 16:53 07 Sep 03

I have just found that I cannot print and I wonder if this is related. When I try to print it appears in the print queue but nothing else happens. There are no error messages.

Young Ranger 21:31 14 Sep 03

Its now been a week and I still cannot use my scanner or printer. To print anything i have to put the file onto a disc and then print it from another PC.

Looks like I will have do a format unless anyone has any ideas?

madPentium 21:56 14 Sep 03

If you unplug the usb connections from your printer and scanner, switch on the pc and wait until your desktop is loaded and then plug the devices in, does it show new hardware and install them?
If not I suspect that you have a usb problem.
You could look in device manager and see if it is reporting any problems.
On a similar note, I have seen a few epsons do this after a couple of years. Most seem to have
a parallel port as an option and have worked with this, but not usb.

Young Ranger 22:42 15 Sep 03

Tried that and still no joy :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…