Epson 1250 - colour slide scanning.

the hick 20:25 04 Jun 03

I have been using my 1250 scanner and its attachment for colour slide scanning. Some work great, but some end up with a mauve/blue cast to them, which was not on the original slide. 20-year-old Kodak slides seem to be the worse for this, while Agfa of same age are OK. Why does this happen? Do the settings have to be adjusted for slides? Or is it some layer in the original slide that is not visible to the eye, but is seen by the scanner? I am most perplexed!!

polymath 20:42 04 Jun 03

Just getting this in My Postings, to find any responses (have same problem sometimes with Epson 1240U + attachment).

Patr100 23:15 04 Jun 03

Yes, I found with the Photo1250 some slides did not seem to be able to be scanned first time. I think it may have something to do with the auto detection of either the edges or some colours perhaps with a lighter background. I think I scanned a different slide or two first and then the offending slide after that and it seemed to recalibrate it and I was able to make a more acceptable image.

Despicable Desperado 01:01 05 Jun 03

Not being a great expert in this field would profer the opinion that as the two manufacturers use different formulations in their films you will have to make adjustments in your scans. If you got a film of Kodak developed and a film of Agfa developed you could certainly notice a different between the two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…