Epson 1160 Stylus Colour Printer

scouser 08:47 27 Jan 03

I have twoo printers attached to my computer, an Epson Stylus 700 and an Epson Stylus 1160. The 1160 does not get used a lot. When I had to replace the black ink cartridge it would not print out although the colour one would. I have tried using the head cleaning facility several times but this has not cured the problem. In fact the ink indicator shows that I have used half of the black ink cartridge in cleaning! Is there anyway I can fix this problem myself? By dismantling the machine or anything else? I have sent Epson Customer Services a couple of E-mails on the subject but have not received a reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bobbyp 09:54 27 Jan 03

I had the same problem (but with a 760). Thats the main problem with Epsons, that the heads don't come as part of the ink cartridge. You could try head cleaning solution (approx £10 for a colour and a black) from any inkjet site. Basically they are cartidges but with cleaning solution. I tried these and they didn't do anything at all. In the end, I was using soo much ink trying to fix the problem, I ended up buying a new printer (SP830)

I don't know if this helps really

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…