Epsom r300 printer problem

postie24 13:29 11 Mar 07

According to a message on the lcd screen on the r300,which says, parts inside the printer have come to the end of their service life.
The printer refuses to let you use it at all now,and its locked up.
Has anyone else had this problem,and is it worth getting it repaired,or is time for a replacement

Many thanks for any help

Postie24

Sharpamatt 13:53 11 Mar 07

This is common on epsons and well covered in may subjects this
click here
Should help.

cowboy62 14:11 11 Mar 07

try this little tool i use it regular the scs service utility click here

pj123 15:05 11 Mar 07

I think it means the "waste ink pads" are full and saturated. My local Epson repair centre said they charge a flat £15 fee to fix it.

There was a thread a very long time ago that gave instructions on how to modify the printer so that problem doesn't occur. I have done the mod on both my R220 printers and am now using a CIS (continuous ink system) and I have not had any problems since.

In effect the mod means taking the waste ink tube out through the back of the printer into a small plastic dish. I found it was a good idea to extend the tube (which isn't very long) by buying a length of Aquarium airline tubing from my local fish tank shop. It is just the right diameter to extend the tube. It is led into a small plastic container with a lid. I cut a small hole in the lid (slightly larger than the tubing) and sellotaped the tubing in place.

As far as I remember I got the info from Forum member Stuartli. Maybe he/she will comment on this thread.

postie24 18:05 11 Mar 07

Thanks everyone for your suggestions,will have a go at sorting it now
Thanks again
Postie24

Stuartli 20:23 11 Mar 07

I think this is the information mentioned by pj123:

click here

Stuartli 20:24 11 Mar 07

I'm a he by the way...:-)

postie24 11:52 12 Mar 07

Thanks stuartli

Postie24

postie24 13:42 12 Mar 07

Just done the mod on the r300,now works like new again.
Thanks again everyone for your help

Postie24

Bagsey 15:49 12 Mar 07

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…