Epsom printer/XP home

bruno 09:43 03 May 03

A friend has recently bought an E machine from PCWorld and he uses an Epsom printer with it.I believe it is an 810.He has always used compatible cartridges on his other machine and they have worked fine with 98se.However,his XP rejects them,tells him he is using illegal cartridges and closes the operation.I am just describing what he told me,so sorry it is a bit vague.Has anyone else had this trouble,if so is there a fix?Any help appreciated.

grabster 14:28 03 May 03

Similar situation here but i seem to remember being asked whether i want to continue or similar with my epson c42plus.
Does it exit straightaway or give any options ?

Taurus 15:09 03 May 03

Hi, I too had a similar thing. As grabster suggests, it does give you the option to ignore. Once you have chosen to accept the 'inferior' cartridges, it will not display the dialogue window again until the cart is changed.

bruno 17:27 03 May 03

Thanks for your help lads.I will contact him and see what happens.I'll post back when I know more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…