Epsom printer R800

Way1 14:57 08 Nov 06

When I print a page/s and then decide to print again in say two minutes, I have to go into the Open all faxes and printers and then restart it from here. The printer won't start for a minute or so. I feel there is a setting that I should be going in to, so that it starts automatically - any ideas folks?
I would add that if I reboot, the printer will start as I would expect it to.

anskyber 15:07 08 Nov 06

Try the printer test first on page 1/04 click here

anskyber 15:10 08 Nov 06

Otherwise it could be a driver problem, if you have the disc try an uninstall and re install. there are some drivers patches here.click here

Terry Brown 15:13 08 Nov 06

It sounds as if your printer has a very low priority setting, and will not start until the buffer is clear (or you force a print. See if there is a setting to change the priority, or try going to device manager, removing the printer then refreshing (or re-boot),so it finds it again and reloads with default.

Just a thought, If it is a USB connection,are you using other USB devices at the same time, as this may be the problem.
Terry

anskyber 15:16 08 Nov 06

Finally, My printer is a Canon with an autopower function. To check yours (if you have one)
Start, control panel,printers and other hardware, printers and faxes, right click on your printer icon,properties,maintenance, auto power.

I hasten to add you may not have it but its worth a look.

Way1 15:32 08 Nov 06

Yep, that was it, Terry Brown - you were spot on.
Many thanks to you and to anskyber.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now