Epsom C20 printer problem!!!!!!!!

Fred the flour grader 20:56 01 Aug 03

Hi, can anyone tell me how to manually clean the printer heads on the above.
I have used two new cartridges now and the Black is still not printing properly.
Any help is welcome .....thanks

TommyRed 21:29 01 Aug 03

I've not found out how to do it, I tend to have a problem with one colour or the other and use 1/2 cartridge cleaning it. I will be interested to see if there is a way to do it, or will I be confined to finding the cheapest possible compatibles on the internet so cleaning doesn't hurt so much.

flearocker 22:21 01 Aug 03

ive got the same damm problem i keep gettin streaks an its not cleaning properly can anyone recomend any new printers for like 200 quid maybe. oh an whats so special about laser printers are they worth gettin

Confab 22:23 01 Aug 03

Have you tried the head cleaning utility at least two or three times first?

Ironman556 22:37 01 Aug 03

Laser printers don't use ink cartriges, they use somthing different that prints faster and lasts for longer than ink cartriges. Laser printers are expensive though, even black & white ones.

I'm not sure how good they are at printing photo's when compared to ink jets.

woodchip 22:51 01 Aug 03

If it does not work as it should take it back as you do not need to clean printheads like that after just two cartridges

March Hare 00:38 02 Aug 03

Bought one of the above last week for £35 - cheaper than buying cartridges! They're more than £50 elsewhere.

Fred the flour grader 10:21 03 Aug 03

I have had the Printer for just over a year and half now and has given no problems upto now, I have been using compatible cartridges for over nine months without problems, it is just the last month it has started playing up.
There must be a manual on how to strip the printer down but just cannot find it anywhere.
March Hare: I see what your saying about cheap printers, but your most telling point is "cheaper than buying cartridges" How can they charge so much for a few millilitres of ink? It is more expensive than petrol in this country.
Once again the term RIP OFF BRITAIN.comes to mind.

DieSse 10:28 03 Aug 03

As a C20 - it's just about reached the end of it's design life, I would think - that's one of the reasons it was so cheap in the first place.

Blocked heads on Epsons are a nightmare - if you get them it's never worth the hassle of trying to clear them (beyond a couple of cleaning cycles), as the time, money and effort involved add up to quite a cost compared with a new one, with no guarantee of success.

I reckon it's the hot weather, which is why we see probably even more with this problem in Spain.

Newuser1241 11:49 03 Aug 03

Canon i850, makes Epson's seem agricultural in comparison. Fast, quiet and very good quality. PLUS seperate ink cartridges, originals available colours for approx £6-00 each, black £8-00. Compatibles are half again.

Another bonus is none of the constant cleaning, charging and hassles when changing cartridges. I often had compatability issues on my 810 photo and had to reinstall printer a few times. Plus colour balance took ages to sort out, Canon was a dream to set up and go. Cost £120-140 ish from Dabs

pj123 12:46 03 Aug 03

You can't physically clean the heads but you can get cleaning cartridges from either of these two places. click here or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…