Envelope Settings In Word

When using the envelope wizard in word, is there anyway to change default settings? What I mean is that when a select an envelope i.e DL I have to keep changing the location of the delivery address to for example 3.5 from left and 4.0 from top (default auto) I want these settings that I select to stay there all the time and not revert to auto. Thanks

DieSse 18:36 17 Oct 05

When you open the envelope wizard, look for the Custom size envelope - you can then set it up as you want, and name it - then select that envelope next time. (Word2000)

DieSse 18:38 17 Oct 05

Sorry - you can only have 1 custom size, apparently - but your parameters will be saved in it.

That doesnt work - it reverts to auto.

^

Diemmess 19:25 17 Oct 05

You picked Custom, but did you do as DieSse said and name it!

I have no option to save name

DieSse 20:06 17 Oct 05

Very Sorry - I take back what I said - it just proves things often don't work how you expected, and I should have checked before I answered.

However, in messing arund, I did actaully discover a way of doing more or less what you want.

Start a blank document for which you eventually want a different envelope.

Go to the envelope Wizard - set up the envelope you want - then click the *add to document* button. This puts the envelope on the screen above the document.

Save the whole thing as a template. The next time you choose this template, thit will open with the envelope above the document, with the positioning details that you saved.

Maybe clumsy, but it works! I tested it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…