Envelope Settings In Word

When using the envelope wizard in word, is there anyway to change default settings? What I mean is that when a select an envelope i.e DL I have to keep changing the location of the delivery address to for example 3.5 from left and 4.0 from top (default auto) I want these settings that I select to stay there all the time and not revert to auto. Thanks

DieSse 18:36 17 Oct 05

When you open the envelope wizard, look for the Custom size envelope - you can then set it up as you want, and name it - then select that envelope next time. (Word2000)

DieSse 18:38 17 Oct 05

Sorry - you can only have 1 custom size, apparently - but your parameters will be saved in it.

That doesnt work - it reverts to auto.

^

Diemmess 19:25 17 Oct 05

You picked Custom, but did you do as DieSse said and name it!

I have no option to save name

DieSse 20:06 17 Oct 05

Very Sorry - I take back what I said - it just proves things often don't work how you expected, and I should have checked before I answered.

However, in messing arund, I did actaully discover a way of doing more or less what you want.

Start a blank document for which you eventually want a different envelope.

Go to the envelope Wizard - set up the envelope you want - then click the *add to document* button. This puts the envelope on the screen above the document.

Save the whole thing as a template. The next time you choose this template, thit will open with the envelope above the document, with the positioning details that you saved.

Maybe clumsy, but it works! I tested it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos