Envelope Address Spacing in 'Word'

Ponkin 15:44 18 Oct 04

When I address an Envelope using Envelopes and labels from tools in WORD, I find the line spacing is too wide ( double ) I cannot find a way to reduce it. Is it possible to change the spacing. I notice also that depending on the font size the last line will not print or is half printed as if there is a defined parameter.I am using Win ME
Thank you

Diemmess 16:40 18 Oct 04

Try (in envelope mode) > Options > Font > Character spacing.

Alan2 17:33 18 Oct 04

Word is creating one line paragraphs when you press [Enter] putting space before and/or after the line.

I use this to get nicely spaced paragraphs without pressing [Enter] twice by setting the paragraph spacing located in Format->Paragraph to 6pt.

To get what you want just press [Shift]+[Enter]and the gap is minimised.

Ponkin 02:19 19 Oct 04

Thanks guys,I have not been able to resolve the problem, perhaps I was not quite clear, and should have said--'the height or depth of space BETWEEN address lines. I shall keep trying.

Diemmess 10:27 19 Oct 04

Word's Normal.dot is part of winword.exe and quite often the subject of posts when various things go haywire when running Word.

The advice then is to close Word, find and either delete or rename Normal.DOT ...... then next time Word is opened the app. makes a new true normal.dot for itself.

I don't know if envelopes and labels are part of this, and the only snag in trying, is you lose any personal settings which all return to the default. If you don't have much personal tweaking of Word, it might be worth trying this.

Alan2 21:28 23 Oct 04

To get what you want just press [Shift]+[Enter]and the gap is minimised.

Ponkin 02:52 24 Oct 04

Thanks Alan2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…