Enter Password

heezy45 10:44 03 Jan 08

Hello guys,
Please help me out here.my pc was functioning well but now boots up with a black screen saying 'enter the password and...press enter to leave the password security enabled,press ctrl enter to disable password security.
How do i rectify this.at boot up when i press f8 or the cmos set up key it still brings me to this password problem. Please help me out cus i have a lot of info on it.....Thanks.

MAJ 11:06 03 Jan 08

It sounds as though you have a password set in the BIOS. If you didn't set this, does someone else have access to your PC who might have set the password?
One way you might cure the problem, is to take out the CMOS battery for about ten minutes before replacing it and trying to start your PC again.

Eric10 13:05 03 Jan 08

If it is a Dell computer click here

heezy45 14:14 05 Jan 08

my new dell p3 pc fails to recognize my cd rom drive even though all the physical connections are intact.The drive does not show in 'my computer' Can you good guys help me out as you do always.
Thanks very much.

MAJ 17:02 05 Jan 08

If it shows in Device Manager, double-click on it's entry, choose the Driver tab and click the Uninstall button. Then restart your laptop and Windows should find it again and reinstall it.

heezy45 08:36 08 Jan 08

Hello,
My pc fails to recognize my cd rom.it does not show up in 'my computer' neither does it show up in device manager although all connections are ok.what could be the possible fix.

heezy45 08:38 08 Jan 08

Hello,
My pc fails to recognize my cd rom.it does not show up in 'my computer' neither does it show up in device manager although all connections are ok.what could be the possible fix.
thank you.i need to do it now please.

namtas 09:07 08 Jan 08

If you have not set a password and you know from its history that no one else has set it. It must be the password in the BIOS that is set. Dell set it on the chip. If you are the registered owner I would suggest you contact DELL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…