Enter Key Quicken

Prewch 18:46 13 Mar 06

Since installing Windows XP the enter and carriage return (CR) keys now behave like tab keys when using Quicken. My Quicken version is Year 2000 Solution.

Any ideas on restoring the enter and/or the CR keys to their former operation? ie entering transactions into Quicken.

Fellsider 19:00 13 Mar 06

Updated drivers from Quicken?

Prewch 19:06 13 Mar 06

No. I thought there was no more support available in UK.

TonyV 19:22 13 Mar 06

Save your Data files from Quicken, make a note of your ident key number, then reinstall Quicken 2000. That should do the trick.

TonyV

TonyV 19:29 13 Mar 06

Thinking about it, because there is no help now from Intuit, you may not need to use your ident number. So you could just save the Data files and then reinstall Quicken 2000 on top of the existing copy. If all else fails, then uninstall your existing copy then reinstall.

TonyV

TonyV 19:46 13 Mar 06

You could also look in Quicken Preferences. I'm not sure where it is in 2000, but if you click on Files, or Tools it is probably in one of those areas. Then look in Register, and you will most likely find a check box there that needs to be checked, like "Use Enter key to move between fields".

I'm using Version 2004 and details are somewhat different in that one!

TonyV

Prewch 22:02 13 Mar 06

Many thanks to all especially TonyV.

I found the check box in Edit-Options-Register-Quick Fill for "Use Enter Key to move between fields". I have now unchecked it and hey presto all works as before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac